Donnerstag, 11. Juli 2013

I can't pretend

No..no no no no no
Oh no no no no no
Three steps back
back to where the truth ended
and the lie began

- STOP -

Here I am standing
(no wind is blowing, ssshhh, autumnleaves freeze in the air
- no motion, no time)
and my chest is free
and my voice is sharp
and my eyes are clear
and my thought is one
as I cry:
"I am!
I am a Lover!"

A Lover loving like the waves of a storm
drowning every living creature that enters
sucking them down to the ground
where I will burry them deep down
so I can forget them
like those dead insects I was burrying in the backyard
of my parents' house
with small stubby fingers, patting the earth
crying and yearning with big doggish eyes
and hating with all my heart the force
which had killed them
- which was mine.

But how could I forget?
The force of my Love..
Unforgiving and always punishing
me, myself, the world
and them - my objects
- Oh, I am so sorry.
You hear me?
I am so sorry.
What I have done? I destroyed what I thought was no good
and I gained nothing.
I ended journeys only to come back
to nothing
but noone except for me ever knew.
Why didn't I tell?
I wanted to give my life
instead I didn't even manage to
present my Love the shell I had picked at some lonely beach
thinking about him!

I think of my Love
with no ending
cause it is worth it
In fact, I could not invest my time better.





Tom Odell -- Can't Pretend


Love, I have wounds,
Only you can mend, You can mend.
I guess that's love, I can't pretend, Can't pretend.

Feel, my skin is rough, But it can be cleansed, Can be cleansed.
And my arms are tough, But they can be bent, Can be bent.
And I wanna fight, But I can't content.
I guess that's love, I can't pretend, I can't pretend.

Oh feel our bodies grow, And our souls they blend.
Yeah love I hope you know, How much my heart depends.

But I guess that's love I can't pretend, I can't pretend
I guess that's love I can't pretend, I can't pretend.

Oh feel our bodies grow, and our souls they blend.
Yeah love I hope you know, how much my heart depends.

I guess that's love I can't pretend, Ican't pretend,
I guess that's love I can't pretend, I can't pretend.


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen